Terms and conditions for Large Group Hostel bookings (10 people or more)…….the boring bits unfortunately!
Bookings and payments
- Large Group Hostel bookings require a non refundable deposit of the price of the first night stay.
- The balance of the total booking cost is due for payment 8 weeks prior to the arrival date.
- Confirmation of the booking will be given upon receipt of the deposit.
- If the booking is within 8 weeks of the stay the whole cost is payable.
- Bookings at weekends are for a minimum of two nights.
- Bookings for Easter and Bank Holidays are a minimum of 3 nights.
- Bookings for Christmas and New Year are exclusive use only.
- Bookings made at premium times: half terms, peak holiday season, Easter and bank holidays; full payment may be required at the time of booking.
- We do not provide holiday cancellation insurance; we strongly recommend that you take out your own holiday insurance cover.
- If you wish to cancel within 8 weeks of your stay, for any reason, then the rental of the whole stay is due in full and payment will be sought. Any legal fees incurred in pursuing payment will be borne by you.
- Your cancellation should be confirmed in writing.
- A reduction in the number of beds required due to individuals in the group cancelling does not affect the cost of the booking. We will endeavour to re organise the room allocation and relet the beds as above. No refund is guaranteed.
Cancellation by ourselves
In the unlikely event that the hostel becomes unavailable due to reasons beyond our control we will endeavour to find alternative suitable accommodation. Should this not meet your approval or not be possible we will refund all monies paid. We shall not be under any other liability.
Acceptance of Bookings
The booking is accepted only on the understanding that no more than the number of people declared on the booking shall stay. We reserve the right to refuse or curtail any booking where it subsequently transpires that information has been withheld from us either by numbers in the party or its composition. We also reserve the right to make any booking subject to a security deposit being received against inventory and cleaning, refundable at the end of the stay, less any damaged or missing items and less any other than normal cleaning being necessary by us.
We reserve the right to decline to accept a booking, or refuse to admit to the Hostel to any person or group where, in our opinion, the facilities are not suitable for the hirer or any member of the hirer’s party, without liability on either side. In such cases we shall not be liable to make any refund of any portion of the hire fee paid.
Upon arrival you will be required to complete a Check in Form; this will to provide us details of the group members; names, ages etc. For health and safety upon arrival, the number of guests residing in the hostel must be confirmed. If the number is to change (i.e. increase/decrease) during the stay we must be informed as soon as practicably possible.
Group Leaders responsibilities
The person in charge of the group or the person who made the booking on behalf of the group will be referred to as group leader.
- Be responsible for the good conduct of their group;
- Be responsible for ensuring the safety of all group members, other guests, residents or otherwise;
- Be responsible for informing all group members of fire procedures.
- Be responsible for all keys supplied. (£5 charge per key, if not returned)
- Ensure that all passageways are kept clear and fire doors are left unobstructed.
- Ensure that all group members are aware that we are a non- smoking establishment and anyone needing to smoke is welcome to do so outside.
- Ensure that no cooking or reheating of food is done after 10pm.
- Inform the proprietor immediately should there be any power or equipment failure.
- Any breakages must be notified to us as soon as is reasonably practical after they have occurred.
- Ensure that all appliances in the kitchen are switched off properly and that the kitchen is left in a clean and safe condition. In addition, we ask that kitchen equipment is used in a safe and sensible manner. We cannot be held responsible for those who use our equipment and appliances inappropriately.
- To notify any damage or breakages. These must be paid for in terms of cleaning, repairs or replacement.
- Ensure that the hostel is left clean and tidy.
- Ensure all crockery and cooking utensils are properly washed, dried and put away prior to leaving the kitchen and dining area. The proprietors reserve the right to charge an additional cleaning fee, if this is not done.
- Ensure that all recyclable rubbish is sorted following the hostels green policy.
- Visitors of hostel guests are not allowed on the hostel premises, unless agreed with the owners in advance.
Bikes and Bike Storage
- We have a secure bike store on site, this is free of charge however a voluntary donation to Nurture Lakeland would be appreciated.
- Bikes are not allowed into the Hostel building under any circumstances.
- The cycle shed should be locked at all times when unattended. The code for the padlock will be provided on request.
- There is an area adjacent to the bike shed for the washing of bikes.
- The owners do not accept liability for loss or damage to any bike left in the bike shed.
- A one way system operates around the farm for ease of movement and safety. The entrance is the second left off the driveway from the main road. This is clearly marked.
- When parking please ensure that no access and exit points or gates have been blocked. Parking should be done in a manner that all vehicles can drive through both yards.
- Parking is for Hostel guests only, no visitor parking allowed at any time.
- Please exit via the far end of the car park and drive slowly down the hill and out via the bottom yard of the farm
- Please drive dead slow up the drive way and around the farm.
- Those in charge of children and teenagers/youths, please ensure that they understand that no ball games can be played on the farm. They must not be allowed to climb any walls, gates or to enter fields.
- Guests should not enter any fields or animal enclosures without express permission.
Use of the Sauna
The sauna is coin operated. Full operating instructions and conditions of use are posted on site. Users do so at their own risk. No children under the age of 16 are permitted to use the sauna.
- No pets/dogs are allowed in to the hostel or on the farm at any time. Only registered service dogs will be allowed in to the hostel.
- We do not allow pets/dogs to stay in vehicles on site, either during the day or overnight.
- All bed linen is provided (Duvets, Pillows, Sheets, etc) and all beds are fully made up prior to arrival
- Towels can be hired at reception
- Under no circumstances should guests bring pillows, duvets, sheets, blankets or sleeping bags into the hostel. Additional pillows and blankets are available in each room. Guests not complying with this will be asked to leave immediately and will be liable for professional cleaning costs (£30 per room) of any rooms where linen has been brought in. Any outstanding balance of nights booked, but not taken through early departure, will not be refunded.
There is an outside seating area for 24 people, with a stone built BBQ. Charcoal is available to buy on site. The group leader must take responsibility for the safe use of this equipment and area. Please clean the BBQ once you have finished and it has cooled down. A cleaning fee may be charged if this is not done.
No liability is accepted in respect of loss or damage to any group member, their baggage, car or contents, resulting from riot, war, strikes, adverse weather conditions or sickness or injury or for loss or damage by a third party. This does not exclude liability for the actions of employees, agents or subcontractors of us as the hostel owners.
If, upon arrival you feel that there are reasonable grounds for complaint we must be notified immediately so that, if possible, appropriate action can be taken during your stay. If a reason for complaint should arise during your stay, you must similarly contact us as soon as the problem arises. No complaints will be considered after completion of your stay, unless they were raised when they arose.
Whilst everything will be done within our power to attend to repairs to property, furniture, equipment, facility that may be faulty or fail during your stay, no guarantees will be given and no refunds will be granted should any breakdown occur and not be immediately rectified.
Conduct of individuals and groups
Broadrayne Farm is in a quiet location and there are other guests in the Hostel and on site in the cottages.
We therefore ask our hostel guests to:-
- Keep noise levels both outside and inside within reasonable limits. Especially in the evening
- Ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Keep drinking to a reasonable level.
- The hostel is a strictly no-smoking establishment. Guests wishing to smoke are requested to do so outside disposing of cigarette butts in the sand pots provided. Please note that offending guests will be asked to leave immediately and will be liable for professional cleaning of any rooms and any outstanding balance of nights booked, but not taken through early departure.
- Anyone found in possession of or using illegal drugs will be required to leave the premises immediately.
- Candles, joss sticks, fireworks and primus/gas stoves are not permitted due to fire risks. We can provide safe storage for these items for the duration of your stay. If needed, please ask.
Servicing of the hostel
The communal areas and bathrooms are serviced on a daily basis during your stay, bathrooms cleaned, bins emptied, communal area floors cleaned, fire escape routes checked etc… If group members are still occupying the bedrooms beyond 10am the ensuite bathrooms may not be checked and cleaned.
- All bedrooms should be vacated promptly by 10am on the day of your departure.
- All group members to check out by 11am
- Group members should strip the sheets, duvet cover and pillowcase and place them on the floor in each room.
- Return keys to the reception office. (£5 charge per key, if not returned)
- Check that all belongings have been collected. We cannot be held responsible for anything left behind.
- Should you wish to leave your luggage or car on the day of departure, please ask as we may be able to assist.
- Rooms should be left clean and tidy.
- Kitchens and other public areas should be left clean as found. All cleaning materials and tools are provided for your use.
We cannot accept responsibilty for any property left behind at the end of your stay. Whilst we will make every reasonable effort to return lost property this will only be done on receipt of a minimum payment of £10 to cover the cost of packaging and registered post. Any larger items will be charged at the postage rate plus a £5 packaging and handling charge.
All items broken or damaged must be reported to the proprietors as soon as possible.
The proprietors reserve the right to charge for breakages and damage, with a minimum fee of £20 for small items, which will cover replacement costs. Larger items will be charged at replacement or repair costs, plus a £20 administration fee.
Internet Usage Policy
Please refer to our policy HERE
Some of the data gathered during the course of a booking may be held on computer. We would like to hold this data after your visit to be able to inform you of future offers. If you would prefer us not to hold this information please let us know.
Should anyone not observe the above terms and conditions, the proprietors reserve the right to cancel the booked accommodation and retain any monies paid for subsequent nights.
If payment for your stay has been made by debit or credit card then these details will be used for any additional and outstanding charges.
Any legal fees incurred in pursuing payment will be borne by you.
Groups should also make themselves familiar with the statements on the small groups/individual accommodation page.
The hostel is let on the understanding that the above terms and conditions will be observed in full.
The proprietors reserve the right to change the above terms and conditions without notice