Terms and conditions for Whole Hostel bookings……. the boring bits unfortunately!
Bookings and payments
- Whole Hostel bookings require a 30% non refundable deposit.
- The balance of the total booking cost is due for payment 8 weeks prior to the arrival date.
- If the balance payment is not received by the due date this will be deemed to be a cancellation by yourself and we will have the right to cancel the booking, as per the cancellation policy below.
- Confirmation of the booking will be given upon receipt of the deposit.
- If the booking is within 8 weeks of the stay the whole cost is payable.
- Whole hostel bookings at weekends are for a minimum of two nights.
- Whole hostel bookings for Christmas, Easter and Bank Holidays are a minimum of 3 nights.
- Whole Hostel bookings for New Year a minimum of 4 nights.
- We regret that our Hostel is not suitable for Hen/Stag parties and same sex groups, nor those who wish to party heavy into the early morning and respectfully suggest that you would be better staying at a more appropriate venue in the Lakes.
- A refundable security deposit of up to £200 may be required in some instances.
- We do not provide holiday cancellation insurance; we strongly recommend that you take out your own holiday insurance cover.
- If you cancel within 8 weeks of your stay, for any reason, including non payment, then the rental of the whole stay is due in full and payment will be sought. Any legal fees incurred in pursuing payment will be borne by you.
- Your cancellation should be confirmed in writing to us.
- A reduction in the number of beds required due to individuals in the group cancelling does not affect the cost of a whole hostel booking.
Cancellation by ourselves
In the unlikely event that the hostel becomes unavailable, for any reason, we will endeavour to find alternative suitable accommodation. Should this not meet your approval or not be possible we will refund all monies paid. We shall not be under any other liability.
Sole Use of the hostel
Sole use refers to all the habitable rooms, i.e. bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens/dining room and the lounge.
The following access would also be required by staff: -
- Access to the office area.
- Access to the washing and showering facilities on the lower ground floor for the members of our staff.
- Access from 10 o’clock in a morning for cleaning etc.
Acceptance of Bookings
The hostel is offered only on the understanding that no more than the maximum number of 24 people shall use it. We reserve the right to refuse or curtail any booking where it subsequently transpires that information has been withheld from us either by numbers in the party or its composition. We also reserve the right to make any booking subject to a security deposit being received against inventory and cleaning, refundable at the end of the stay, less any damaged or missing items and less any other than normal cleaning being necessary by us.
We reserve the right to decline to accept a booking, or refuse to hand over the Hostel to any person or group where, in our opinion, the facilities are not suitable for the hirer or any member of the hirer’s party, without liability on either side. In such cases we shall not be liable to make any refund of any portion of the hire fee paid.
Prior to arrival you will be supplied with a minimal amount of paperwork. Check in Form; this should be completed to provide us details of the group members; names, ages (under 18) etc. For health and safety upon arrival, the number of guests residing in the hostel must be confirmed. If the number is to change (i.e. increase/decrease) during the stay we must be informed as soon as practicably possible. A Hostel Bed Plan will be supplied to the Group leader to assist in the allocation of rooms to group members on arrival.
Group Leaders responsibilities
The person in charge of the group or the person who made the booking on behalf of the group will be referred to as group leader.
- Be responsible for the good conduct of their group;
- Be responsible for ensuring the safety of all group members, other guests, residents or otherwise;
- Be responsible for informing all group members of fire procedures.
- Be responsible for all keys supplied. (£5 charge per key, if not returned)
- Ensure that all passageways are kept clear and fire doors are left unobstructed.
- Ensure that outside perimeter doors are locked at night, and at all times when the hostel is unoccupied.
- Ensure that no cooking or reheating of food is done after 10pm.
- Inform the proprietor immediately should there be any power or equipment failure.
- Ensure that all appliances in the kitchen are switched off properly and that the kitchen is left in a clean and safe condition. In addition, we ask that kitchen equipment is used in a safe and sensible manner. We cannot be held responsible for those who use our equipment and appliances inappropriately.
- Check the drying room, particularly last thing at night, to ensure that no items have fallen onto the heater or are too close to fans, and generally to check everything is safe.
- Check that all windows are shut in windy or inclement weather, especially on the top floor where Velux windows should not be open more than 10cm. In very windy conditions we ask that these windows are kept shut. It is possible to use the vents at the top of the windows instead to air the room.
- To notify any damage or breakages. These must be paid for in terms of cleaning, repairs or replacement.
- Decorations - No pinning or sticking of items/decorations to walls, doors, ceilings, including the use of blue/white tack & sellotape. Pins/nails are strategically placed around the Lounge & Dining room to allow string to be tied between, in order to facilitate the suspension of decorations. These must be removed on departure.
- Please do not tie items/string to light fittings.
- No tinsel or glitter confetti items to be brought into the hostel, due to staining
- No naked flames, candles, joss sticks, fireworks (Internal & External) and primus/gas stoves are permitted.
Conduct Of Individuals And Groups
Broadrayne Farm is in a quiet location and there are other guests on site in the holiday cottages.
We therefore ask our hostel guests to:-
- Keep noise levels both outside and inside within reasonable limits. Especially in the evening
- Ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Alcohol - We are not a 'Licensed Premise' therefore you are more than welcome to bring your own alcohol in bottles or cans, to be consumed in the Hostel. However, we do not allow kegs/barrel and pumps to be set up on site, unless prior agreement is given.
- Please keep drinking to a reasonable level.
- The hostel is a strictly no-smoking establishment, including 'E-Cigarettes'. Guests wishing to smoke are requested to do so outside disposing of cigarette butts in the sand pots provided. Please note that offending guests will be asked to leave immediately and will be liable for professional cleaning costs of any rooms and any outstanding balance of nights booked but not taken through early departure.
- Anyone found in possession of or using illegal drugs will be required to leave the premises immediately.
- Bedrooms will need to be completely vacated by 10:00, including luggage and group members should strip the sheets, duvet cover & pillowcase off all beds used and place them on the floor in each room. Return all glassware and crockery to the kitchen.
- Hostel to be completely vacated by 11:00
- Ensure that the hostel is left clean and tidy and in a similar state to when you first occupied it. Failure to do so will incure an additional cleaning fee (min £25).
- Ensure all crockery and cooking utensils are properly washed, dried and put away prior to leaving the Hostel on your day of departure. There will be an additional cleaning fee (Min £25), if this is not completed.
- The BBQ must be cleaned prior to departure or a cleaning fee (min £25) will be charged.
- Ensure that all recyclable rubbish is sorted following the hostels green policy........No fee here, if not done....it just helps the environment ;-)
Bikes and Bike Storage
- We have a secure bike store on site; this is free of charge however a voluntary donation to Nurture Lakeland would be appreciated.
- The cycle shed should be locked at all times when unattended.
- There is an area adjacent to the bike shed for the washing of bikes.
- The owners do not accept liability for loss or damage to any bike left in the bike shed.
- Under no circumstances can Bikes be brought into the Hostel main building
We can, with care, park 12 cars in the hostel car park (2 spaces prior to the entrance and 10 spaces opposite the hostel) To ease congestion it would help if peopled travelled in small groups to reduce the number of cars.
- A one-way system operates around the farm for ease of movement and safety. The entrance is the second left off the driveway from the main road. This is clearly marked.
- When parking please ensure that no access and exit points or gates have been blocked. Parking should be done in a manner that all vehicles can drive through both yards.
- Do not park behond the wooden building on the right of the carpark. This space is reserved for our Cottage and Pod guests.
- Please exit via the far end of the car park and drive slowly down the hill and out via the bottom yard of the farm
- Please drive dead slow up the drive way and around the farm.
- Parking is not available for guests who are not staying at the hostel at any time.
- No ball games can be played on the farm, including the carpark area.
- Guests must not climb any walls or gates
- Guests should not enter any fields or animal enclosures without express permission.
Use Of The Sauna
The sauna is coin operated. Full operating instructions and conditions of use are posted on site. Users do so at their own risk. No children under the age of 16 are permitted to use the sauna.
- No pets/dogs are allowed in to the hostel or on the farm at any time. Only registered service dogs will be allowed in to the hostel.
- We do not allow pets/dogs to stay in vehicles on site, either during the day or overnight.
- All bed linen is provided (Duvets, Pillows, Sheets, etc) and all beds are fully made up prior to arrival
- Towels can be hired at reception
- Under no circumstances should guests bring pillows, duvets, sheets, blankets or sleeping bags into the hostel. Additional pillows and blankets are available in each room. Guests not complying with this will be asked to leave immediately and will be liable for professional cleaning costs (£30 per room) of any rooms where linen has been brought in. Any outstanding balance of nights booked, but not taken through early departure, will not be refunded.
- There is an outside area that seats 24 people, with a stone built BBQ.
- Charcoal is available to buy on site, subject to availabity.
- The group leader must take responsibility for the safe use of this equipment and area.
- The BBQ must be cleaned prior to departure or a cleaning fee (min £25) will be charged.
Servicing Of The Hostel
The communal areas and bathrooms are serviced on a daily basis during your stay, bathrooms cleaned, bins emptied, communal area floors cleaned, fire escape routes checked etc… If group members are still occupying the bedrooms beyond 10am the ensuite bathrooms may not be checked and cleaned.
No liability is accepted in respect of loss or damage to any group member, their baggage, car or contents, resulting from riot, war, strikes, adverse weather conditions or sickness or injury or for loss or damage by a third party. This does not exclude liability for the actions of employees, agents or subcontractors of us as the hostel owners.
If, upon arrival you feel that there are reasonable grounds for complaint we must be notified immediately so that, if possible, appropriate action can be taken during your stay. If a reason for complaint should arise during your stay, you must similarly contact us as soon as the problem arises. No complaints will be considered after completion of your stay, unless they were raised when they arose.
Whilst everything will be done within our power to attend to repairs to property, furniture, equipment, facility that may be faulty or fail during your stay, no guarantees will be given and no refunds will be granted should any breakdown occur and not be immediately rectified.
We cannot accept responsibilty for any property left behind at the end of your stay. Whilst we will make every reasonable effort to return lost property this will only be done on receipt of a minimum payment of £10 to cover the cost of packaging and registered post. Any larger items will be charged at the postage rate plus a £5 packaging and handling charge.
All items broken or damaged must be reported to the proprietors as soon as possible.
Breakages and damage will need to be paid for, with a minimum fee of £20 for small items, which will cover replacement costs. Larger items will be charged at replacement or repair costs, plus a £20 administration fee.
Internet Usage Policy
Please refer to our policy HERE
Some of the data gathered during the course of a booking may be held on computer. We would like to hold this data after your visit to be able to inform you of future offers. If you would prefer us not to hold this information please let us know.
Should anyone not observe the above terms and conditions, the proprietors reserve the right to cancel the booked accommodation and retain any monies paid for subsequent nights.
If payment for your stay has been made by debit or credit card then these details will be used for any additional and outstanding charges.
Any legal fees incurred in pursuing payment will be borne by you.
Groups should also make themselves familiar with the statements on the small groups/individual accommodation page.
The hostel is let on the understanding that the above terms and conditions will be observed in full.
The proprietors reserve the right to change the above terms and conditions without notice